Choose your trip. Choose your cover. Introducing battleface’s Travel Medical Plan for Athletes.
- Trip Cancellation and Interruption
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- Hospital Benefit and Emergency Medical Expenses
- “Avoid non-essential travel” and “Avoid all travel” location coverage
- COVID-19 Medical expenses
Emergency Assistance Services 24/7
All non-insurance services are provided by Global Excel Management. Here are just some of the services you can count on when you buy a policy through Gallagher Sports & Entertainment.
- Medical referrals
- Medical case management
- Dental/vision/hospital referrals
- Medical payment arrangements
- Emergency Rx assistance
- Emergency travel arrangements
- Embassy/consulate information
- Missed connections coordination
- Lost baggage search
- Lost passport assistance
- Upfront payment guarantee
- Invoice settlement
- Filed claim acknowledgement response within 24 hours
- Online claims filing, status check, and updates
When purchasing the battleface Travel Medical Plan, please note the following:
- For participating athletes, please add Optional Activities and Sports Cover to the policy
- Travel companions, coaches and family members who are not competing do not need this add on. We recommend taking out 2 separate policies: one for athletes and a second for other travellers
- We offer a 10% discount as standard when you buy a policy covering more than one traveller. Just add each additional traveller at the quotation stage and the discount will automatically be applied
- Optional Activities and Sports coverage is available up to the age of 65 years but does not extend to Personal Liability coverage
- The Emergency Medical Expenses benefit provides cover for accidental bodily injury or illness. We do not ask our customers to declare their pre-existing medical conditions, nor do we rate differently because of it. However, there is an exclusion for pre-existing medical conditions that have required examination, treatment or adjustment of prescribed medication within the 180-day period immediately prior to the date coverage is effective. For more information about conditions which are excluded, please see the full Policy Document here
- Travellers 79 and younger can purchase our policies but please note there is no illness cover for customers aged between 75-79
- For additional 3rd-party coverage that is separate from battleface Travel Medical policies, please click here for more information
Frequently asked questions
We provide specialist travel insurance for vacationers and extraordinary travellers who need more than ordinary insurance. Unlike most travel insurance plans, we offer cover for popular tourist destinations worldwide as well as unconventional or remote destinations, including those that are under government travel advisories and COVID-19 restrictions.
You can also purchase our policies while already travelling. When purchasing policies while travelling cover will start 24-hours after purchase and an exclusion for pre-existing medical conditions would re-apply.
Use our Travel Tool to make informed and timely decisions based on factors including trip origin, destination, travel dates and nationality.
Yes. COVID-19 is treated as any other sickness.
This policy covers You for medical expenses arising from Covid-19 infection while You are outside Home Province or Territory. The Covid-19 benefit is available for COVID-19 (the disease); SARS- CoV-2 (the virus); and any mutation or variation of SARS-CoV-2. For the avoidance of doubt, coverage for COVID-19 is only applicable to Section B, Medical and additional travel expenses and to no other section of this policy.
Winter Sports coverage, when selected, covers equipment loss or damage for skiing and snowboarding. It extends the standard benefits of your policy to include claims which may arise when you are participating in winter sports. No coverage will apply in respect of Personal Liability claims.
Winter Sports cover is only available if you are under 75 years old.
Yes. You can download a copy of the full Policy Wording from our customer library here.
We strongly recommend that you provide your battleface policy and contact information to your travel companies, friends or family members, in case you can’t contact us. In case of an emergency, contact us 24/7 through:
For Emergency Medical Assistance
Call Global Excel Management on:
No. We are committed to treating our customers fairly and are transparent in everything we do. When buying a policy with us, you will not pay us a fee. Instead we receive a commission from the insurance carriers that we work with.
Yes for delays in excess of 24 hours from your planned departure. Cancellation and delay cover applies to outward travel only. There is no cover for additional expenses in the event of travel disruption or delays.
If you are delayed by more than 12 hours as a result of an insured event, battleface does provide trip delay cover for all persons included within the policy. Terms and Conditions apply.
Your documentation says that certain pandemics are excluded from cover, does this mean battleface will not cover COVID-19?
The statement within our product information document is to notify you that certain pandemic viruses are excluded e.g. Ebola. battleface does provide cover for medical expenses incurred by an Insured Person aged 65 years or under for the treatment of COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2 and symptoms thereof, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
No, this product does not cover for resort closure due to Covid-19. If you are notified of a resort closure due to Covid-19 we recommend you contact your travel agent.
Yes, our Single-Trip product includes baggage cover up to the limits shown on your policy. There are some important limitations to cover that will apply, so please refer to section E of your Policy Document for full details. For example, we will pay a maximum of 250 for each single article, pair or set of items and up to 100 for mobile phones or smartphones. If you are planning to take expensive items such as cameras, e-readers, games consoles, laptops, mobile/smart phones, tablets, jewelry, watches or other Valuables with you then we recommend you have adequate personal possessions cover under a home contents or other insurance policy.
Please note that baggage claims are subject to the excess (deductible) and paid based on the original value of the goods, less a deduction for wear and tear and loss of value based on the age of the goods at the time that they are lost. An original receipt, valuation report or other satisfactory proof of ownership and value is required to support the claim. Evidence of replacement value is not sufficient.
We’re always tracking the global travel ecosystem to ensure we’re covering the right risks at the right rates. For example, your destination country is part of our rating algorithm and if that country is high risk when you quote and then is lower risk when you buy, you may see a lower premium for your policy.
Winter Sports cover, when selected, covers equipment loss or damage for skiing and snowboarding. It extends the standard benefits of your policy to include claims which may arise when you are participating in winter sports. No cover will apply in respect of Personal Liability claims.
Equipment includes snowboards, skis, bindings, sticks/poles and boots. Winter Sports equipment is covered up to 750 (500 per single article, set or pair). Hired equipment is also covered (300 per single article, set or pair). Exclusions do apply, so please check the Policy Document for full details.
The excess (deductible) for ski equipment is 50 per person or 100 per family for each incident which gives rise to a claim. Standard excesses will apply for the remaining sections of the policy.
Only if you are skiing with a qualified instructor or guide. In all other cases, skiing off-piste will not be covered.
Participation in winter sports in a professional capacity or on a competitive basis are not covered.
There is strictly no cover under the terms and conditions of this policy when engaging in freestyle skiing, ski-jumping, ski flying, ski/snowboard-acrobatics, ski snowboard stunting, extreme skiing/ snowboarding, skeleton and luge or any variations.
Single-Trip Travel Medical product will not cover any claim arising directly or indirectly from a known pre-existing medical condition. You don’t need to disclose your pre-existing conditions to us when you buy a policy, but we may ask for relevant details of your medical history in the event of a claim.
Any Medical Condition that, within the last 12 months, required any:
- surgery, inpatient or outpatient treatment, referrals or investigations of any sort. This includes being on any waiting list, taking any prescription medication, tablets or required medical treatment (This will not apply to common colds, flu or contraceptive medication)
- medical advice or treatment for any respiratory condition relating to the lungs or breathing;
- medical advice or treatment for any heart, stroke or diabetic condition;
Hypertension or high cholesterol controlled by 1 prescription drug only and where the dosage has not been changed within the last 12 months will not be considered a pre-existing medical condition.
Yes, we will pay for the costs, up to the limit shown on your policy, of providing necessary temporary treatment for the immediate relief of pain or discomfort, and/or emergency repairs to dentures and orthodontic appliances. Please note the policy does not cover for any pre-planned dental treatment or diagnostic procedures.
We offer a 10% discount as standard when you buy a policy covering more than one traveller. Just add each additional traveller at the quotation stage and the discount will automatically be applied.
This insurance excludes certain sports and pastimes. Please see the Policy Document for the list of Excluded Activities: here
You can change your travel dates any time before you travel and cancellation is free within the cooling off period. If you wish to cancel we can offer you a full refund provided you cancel within 14 days of receiving your policy documents and before the start date of your policy.
If you have already embarked on your trip or need to cancel after the 14 days cooling off period, your premium will be refunded pro-rata from the date your instructions are received, provided you have not made a claim.
The easiest option would be to buy a new policy, to cover the remaining part of your journey. We strongly advise that you buy cover for as long as you need in one go, although we understand that travel plans may change.
Please note that it would be subject to your continuing to meet the eligibility criteria and the pre-existing exclusion would re-apply at the effective date of your new policy. When purchasing policies while travelling cover will start 24-hours after purchase.
Availability of cover may also be limited by your location at the time of intended purchase and how long you have been there.
This product cannot be purchased more than 364 days in advance. You are eligible to buy if:
- You are not yet 80 years of age (children aged over one month and not yet 18 years old can either be covered under the same policy as your parent or guardian, or the main policy holder with parental consent); and
- You have received all immunisations recommended by your home country prior to entry into the host country; and
- You do not at any time during the Policy Period carry any firearm or any instrument or device designed or intended to cause injury or death to another person unless you have told us in advance, it has been accepted by us and you have paid the appropriate additional premium and you are not an active member of any military or paramilitary force at any time during the Policy Period
If for any reason you cannot satisfy all of these criteria, please contact us and we will do our utmost to find a product to suit your needs.